High Density Transient Expression Service
Mammalian Expression is the dominant system for producing recombinant antibodies and proteins. It is particularly ideal for expression of human or other mammalian proteins because it enables the generation of proteins with proper folding and appropriate post-translational modifications when compared to other hosts such as E. coli, yeast, or insect cells. In many cases, the yields of mammalian transient expression system are modest, requiring large-volume scale up, resulting in corresponding increase in cost and wait times.
New! Achieve robust protein yields using High Density Transient Expression Services
Keeping customer needs in mind, GenScript has launched a new, High Density (HD) Transient Expression service for the high-titer production of your recombinant antibodies and proteins in either CHO or HEK293 cells. Using HD mammalian cell culture, this HD Transient Expression service can deliver unprecedented improvements in functional protein/rAb yields compared to regular Transient Expression services. Using this new service, GenScript scientists can deliver gram quantities of intracellular and secreted proteins (including antibodies) for your functional, structural and therapeutic studies.
Key features of HD Transient Expression Service
- HD-HEK and HD-CHO for choice of HEK293 or CHO expression
- Combo expression evaluation to compare regular and HD transient expression
- Alternative approach for difficult and low-yield proteins
- Yield improvements ranging up to 100 fold
- Shortened turnaround time (sequence to protein/antibody in as little as 10 weeks)
- Up to 3g/L rAb titer possible
Figure 1: Yield improvement comparison between Regular Transient Expression Service and HD Transient Expression Service. Expression levels of 6 different monoclonal antibodies of various species are shown.
HD Transient Expression Service Details
(DNA or protein)/DNA
|Gene synthesis & Cloning||3 weeks||
|Expression Evaluation (30ml)||2 weeks||
|New! Combo expression evaluation to compare regular and HD transient expression platforms (40ml)||2-3 weeks||
|Scale up(1L-10L)||3-4 weeks|
QC data: SDS-PAGE and/or HPLC will be performed to determine rAb purity. A280 will be used to measure rAb concentration. LC-MS is used for identification if necessary. GenScript uses The Endosafe®-PTS™ endotoxin testing system from Charles River Laboratories, for rapid endotoxin detection.
When to use HD Transient Expression Service
- You require large quantities of functional protein/rAb for downstream applications.
- Your protein/rAb is a low expresser and you would like to enhance expression.
Not what you are looking for? See our related service pages below.
- Need high throughput antibody screening? Visit our high throughput antibody purification page.
- Need guaranteed recombinant antibody or protein production? Visit our MamPower™ rAb and MamPower™ Protein pages.
- Need consistent and unlimited production of recombinant antibody? Visit our stable cell line development page.
For more information about any other protein services, please visit our recombinant protein services main page or contact us using the information listed below.